YOUR TICKET TO THE TROPHY SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE THE ELIGIBLE STATES (AS DEFINED BELOW) AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
SPONSOR: Smithfield Foods Inc., 200 Commerce Street, Smithfield, VA 23430.
1. DESCRIPTION OF SWEEPSTAKES: The Your Ticket to the Trophy Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is a random drawing promotion. Albertsons Companies is Sponsor’s retail partner for the Sweepstakes.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 19, 2019, and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on October 6, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Sweepstakes.
3. ELIGIBILITY: OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL UNITED STATES RESIDENTS RESIDING IN: AK, AR, AZ, CA, CT, CO, DC, DE, HI, ID, IA, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, ME, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OR, PA, RI, SD, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI & WY (collectively, “Eligible States”) WHO ARE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. Sweepstakes entrants must possess a valid government issued ID. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Sponsor, Albertsons Companies, Advantage Solutions d/b/a Edge Marketing, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional companies and prize providers involved in this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Promotional Entities”), as well as the family and household members of same (including spouses, parents, step-parents, grandparents, children, stepchildren, grandchildren), shall be ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and shall be ineligible for any prize covered herein. Entrants acknowledge that Sponsor and Albertsons Companies are not liable for reimbursement of any prizes otherwise payable to Sweepstakes participants who are in violation of this provision. Void outside of the Eligible States and where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.
4. PRIZES: Seventy eight (78) prizes will be awarded (i.e., six (6) prizes per participating Albertsons division) as follows: one (1) grand prize and five (5) first prizes per participating Albertsons division. Albertsons Companies has the following thirteen (13) divisions (each with a separate drawing pool for this Sweepstakes): Acme, Shaw’s, Eastern, Northern CA, Southern CA, Seattle, Portland, Intermountain, Denver, Southern, United, Southwest, Jewel-Osco. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received in each division.
Grand Prizes: Thirteen (13) grand prizes will be awarded (i.e., one  per division). Each grand prize winner will receive one (1) 2-night/3-day trip (the “Trip”) for winner and one (1) guest to their choice of one (1) of the following events: 1) College Football Playoff National Championship game (January 2020), 2) Ford EcoBoost® 400 (November 2019) or 3) Kentucky Derby currently scheduled to take place on 5/2/20 (each, a “Sporting Event”). Winner’s choice is subject to Sponsor’s approval in its sole discretion. Trip includes the following: round trip, coach air transportation for winner and one (1) guest between a major gateway airport near winner’s home and a major airport in or near the host city of the agreed upon Sporting Event (as applicable) and air & hotel taxes, two (2) nights’ hotel accommodations (1 standard room, double occupancy) in or around the host city at a hotel determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion, rental car (eligible drivers only and if grand prize winner is not an eligible driver this portion of the grand prize will be forfeited and any difference in value will not be awarded; excludes gas, tolls, parking, insurance, collision damage waiver and is subject to car rental terms & conditions), $500.00 spending allowance [awarded in the form of a pre-paid debit card] (collectively each, the “grand prize”). Seat locations at the Sporting Event shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. If the Sporting Event is rescheduled or cancelled for any reason after ticketing of prize, tickets will be subject to the standard terms set by the issuer. Additional restrictions may apply. Each grand prize winner & guest must travel together on the same itinerary on date(s) as specified by Sponsor or the applicable grand prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Each guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least eighteen (18) years of age), unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Each grand prize winner and his/her guest agree to comply with all applicable venue rules, as applicable, and regulations in connection with the grand prize. Sponsor and/or authorized venue representative reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to any grand prize winner and his/her guest who engage(s) in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game, event or exhibition. Event and exhibition dates and times are subject to change. The terms and conditions of the Sporting Event tickets awarded as part of the grand prize, if awarded, will govern in the event a Sporting Event or exhibition is not played or held, as applicable, due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Sporting Event and exhibition tickets awarded as prizes may not be resold or offered for resale or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever. Any such resale or commercial or promotional use may result in disqualification and grand prize forfeiture. Sponsor and the Sporting Event entities will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the Sporting Event. If a grand prize winner lives within 120 miles of the host city of the chosen Sporting Event as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, ground transportation will be provided to such grand prize winner in lieu of air travel and any difference in value will not be awarded. Spending allowance will be awarded in the form of a prepaid debit card or check (at Sponsor’s sole discretion); should Sponsor elect to award spending allowance as a debit card, Sponsor shall determine in its sole discretion the issuer of the debit card and the debit card will be subject to the terms and conditions of use as indicated thereon. Travel subject to availability, blackout dates, advanced notice requirements, and once booked, no changes will be permitted. Each grand prize winner and guest will not receive frequent flyer miles, hotel stay award points or other “perks” in conjunction with grand prize travel. Additional restrictions may apply. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each grand prize: $5,000. Any difference between the estimated ARV stated above and the actual value will not be awarded.
First Prizes: Sixty Five (65) first prizes will be awarded (i.e., five (5) per division). Each first prize winner will receive one (1) $500 StubHub gift card (each, a “first prize”). ARV of each first prize: $500. Gift card is subject to the terms and conditions set by issuer. (StubHub trademark is used for prize identification purposes only; no sponsorship, endorsement or authorization is intended or implied by such use.)
Total ARV of prizes per division: $7,500. Total ARV of all prizes: $97,500.
Limit one (1) prize per person per family/address/household/per division. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. Prizes are not transferrable or assignable and may not be redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize (or portion thereof) for an item of equal or greater value in the event an offered prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable for any reason. All costs and expenses associated with the prize acceptance and use, not specifically provided herein, are the responsibility of each individual winner. Gift cards, pre-paid debit cards and coupons are subject to the standard terms and conditions listed thereon (including expiration dates). Winners will not receive compensation from Sponsor or any other Promotional Entities for any gift cards that the winners are unable to use for any reason. Winners are responsible for any applicable federal, state, or local taxes and will receive a Form 1099 for any prizes valued at $600 or greater. Sponsor and the Sporting Event Entities and other Promotional Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize (or any portion thereof), and (b) disclaim any implied warranty.
5. HOW TO ENTER: There are the following two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
1) App/Website + In-Store Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes via the App/Website + In-Store method of entry: (a) download the Just For U® or United Market App (individually and collectively, the “App”) to your web enabled smartphone (the App you must download will depend upon the division in which you reside) and follow the instructions to set up an account on the App; (b) download one (1) or more Smithfield participating product offer (each, an “Offer”); and (c) redeem your Offer(s) at your participating retailer and present your participating retailer’s loyalty card or enter your associated phone number at the time of redemption to automatically receive one (1) entry into the random drawing associated with the division for your participating retailer for each Offer redeemed, up to a maximum of three (3) entries per transaction. In the event that you redeem three (3) or more Offers in a single transaction, you will automatically receive six (6) entries into the random drawing associated with the division associated for your participating retailer. You may obtain a free retailer loyalty program account by visiting www.albertsons.com. Alternatively, you may download and redeem an Offer from your participating retailer’s website by going to the website associated with your participating retailer, logging into your retailer’s loyalty program account and following the instruction to download an Offer. Limit one (1) in-store entry per App qualified, single transaction and limit six (6) total in-store entries per person per week during the Promotion Period. In-store entries will be deemed to have been made by the natural person registered with the App, regardless of who actually makes the purchase, as long as such person is otherwise eligible in accordance with these Official Rules. If you choose to download the App to participate in the Sweepstakes, be aware that STANDARD DATA RATES MAY APPLY to the download and use of the App. You should contact your data service provider for pricing plans and details. Check your phone's capabilities for specific instructions. There is no guarantee that the App will work with all carriers or on all devices. Sponsor not responsible for incorrect account data or for computer system, network, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in electronic transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. *Participating retailers; Albertsons, Amigos, Star, Pavilions, Safeway, Tom Thumb, Jewel Osco, Shaw’s, Acme, Randalls, Carrs, Market Street, United Supermarkets, Vons and Super Saver.
2) To enter without downloading and redeeming an Offer, hand print your complete name, address, ZIP code, daytime telephone number and date of birth on a 3x5 piece of paper and mail your completed entry with your return address printed on the front of the envelope with proper postage affixed to: Your Ticket to the Trophy Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 113423, Stamford, CT 06911. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by 10/6/19, and received by 10/10/19. Each mail-in entry will count as six (6) entries into the random drawing. Limit one (1) mail-in entry per outer stamped envelope per week. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a week begins each Monday at 12:00:01 AM ET and ends the following Sunday 11:59:59 PM ET except for the last week of the Sweepstakes which begins on Monday and ends the following Wednesday at 11:59:59 PM ET. No mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Released Parties are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, delayed, misdirected, postage due or stolen entries/mail and all such entries will be void.
All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
6. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS/ODDS: Potential winners will be selected randomly from among all eligible entries received for the applicable division. Sponsor or its agent will conduct a random drawing on or about October 12, 2019. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable division. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winners will be declared the official winners of the Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by email on or about October 15, 2019. Potential winners have forty-eight (48) hours to respond to a prize notification to claim a prize. If a winner notification or a prize is returned as undeliverable, a potential winner fails to respond to a prize notification within forty-eight (48) hours, a potential winner is ineligible, or a potential winner declines a prize for any reason, an alternate potential winner for such prize may be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received for the applicable division. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) for an item of equal or greater value in the event an offered prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable for any reason. Potential winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and, except where prohibited by law, Promotional Release within seventy-two (72) hours following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to sign and return these documents within the stated deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate potential winner, if time permits, by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received for such division. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded.
7. PUBLICITY: Acceptance of a prize by a winner constitutes permission for the Promotional Entities and each of their respective advertising and promotional agencies to use such winner’s name, address (city and state), likeness and/or voice for advertising and promotional purposes for this Sweepstakes only, without additional compensation, permission or notification, except as otherwise prohibited by law.
9. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants and prize winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all respects and not subject to appeal. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, any related Abbreviated Rules or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including, but not limited to, any entry form, point-of-sale material, or television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall govern. All federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify permanently from this Sweepstakes any entrant it believes has violated these Official Rules and verify eligibility of entrants or require potential prize winners to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability. Neither Sponsor nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any communications with any entrant regarding this Sweepstakes, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. All Sweepstakes materials are subject to verification and are void if (i) not obtained in accordance with these Official Rules and through legitimate channels, (ii) any part is counterfeited, altered, defective, damaged, illegible, reproduced, tampered with, mutilated or irregular in any way, (iii) are obtained where prohibited, or (iv) they contain printing, typographical, mechanical, or other errors. Entrants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay or misdirection of Sweepstakes materials submitted to Sponsor. In the event any portion of this Sweepstakes is compromised by activities beyond the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes or this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants, Sponsor, or any other Promotional Entities. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not able to be conducted as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and randomly draw from among those eligible entries received up to the cancellation/suspension date to award prizes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THESE PROVISIONS. For questions, send an email to [email protected] Do not send Sweepstakes entries request for Winners List to this email address.
10. RELEASE OF LIABILITY/INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants and prize winners agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless and covenant not to sue the Promotional Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claims made by any entrant, prize winner, or any other third parties, related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from receipt, acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or participation in any promotion related activity or participation or while preparing for or traveling to any prize-related activity in this Sweepstakes.
11. DISPUTES: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the federal or state courts in the Commonwealth of Virginia; (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, excluding attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain an award for, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All claims or disputes related to or involving these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
12. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, send an email to [email protected] with SUBJECT LINE: “YOUR TICKET TO THE TROPHY SWEEPSTAKES” by no later than 11/15/19.
Stewart-Haas Racing® and #10® are registered trademarks of Stewart-Haas Racing and are used under license.
Kentucky Derby®, Kentucky Oaks®, Churchill Downs® and the Twin Spires® Design are registered trademarks of Churchill Downs Incorporated.
© 2019 Smithfield Foods, All Rights Reserved.